Sunday, May 21, 2006

Letter to California Country magazine


To the editor,

Thank you for Jim Morris' excellent profile of Prather Ranch in the last issue. My family has been a consumer of Prather Ranch beef since 2001 when I found them at the Mountain View Farmer's Market. At this point, the only beef we buy is from Prather. We get it from their retail outlet in San Francisco or at one of the Farmer's Markets they attend. As a food lover, Prather Ranch offers the best beef available. As a concerned citizen, they provide humanely and sustainably raised products.

I was somewhat incredulous about the beautiful pictures. It seems frankly impossible that what I consider to be nearly perfect beef (based on its sustainable rearing, its humane slaughter, and its wonderful taste) to come from such a beautiful place. Perhaps, life does not have to be full of compromises? This article confirms my desire to take a trip up North and see the Ranch myself, both to take in the beauty, and to thank the Rickett's and their staff for providing us meat that we feel so good about eating.

Now this is my first ever letter to the editor, let's hope they publish it... You can read the article here: http://www.cfbf.com/CCMag2/2006/2006_3_2.cfm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home