Sunday, July 02, 2006

Let's go to the mall!

Today my regular Sunday market took its' annual trip to the mall. You see when the Marin County Fair is running, the farmers' market held nearby gets bumped. So once or twice a year, we head over to the mall parking lot and enjoy a change of scenery. While almost all of the usual vendors are there, the usual order of things is mixed up. But everytime the market has moved, it has been an opportunity to find a new vendor. It is amazing how when one gets into a pattern, one can completely ignore all the unfamiliar goings-on. So with all the mix-up, I inevitably end up at a couple of new stalls.

Today I became reaquainted with Three Twins Ice Cream. I had tried their ice cream a couple months back and thought it was delicious, but their stand is out of my usual route so I have not stopped by again. In typical fashion, I actually thought they had stopped working this market when I was just overlooking them. We had their coffee ice cream for dessert tonight with some macerated fruit. Ute and Justin of Capay sold me some wonderful figs at the height of ripeness, which we mixed with some cut up peaches and some berries. After a light summer meal, it was a fantastic finish! My friend said it was the best coffee ice cream he had ever tasted. You can find Three Twins info here -- www.threetwinsicecream.com.

It is also a lot of fun to see other people make their "finds". I was hanging out with Doug at Prather Ranch Meat Co. and he was saying how he gets so many unfamiliar faces when the market travels. I hung around a bit and sure enough, he had new shopper after new shopper. Evidently, today was busier than it usually is when the market moves locales. All the vendors I asked said they were having good days. As it was a beautiful Sunday with great food to buy and great people to chat with I could not have asked for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home