Thursday, September 21, 2006

You say rib steak, I say chop

With the cool evenings of September upon us, red meat is on my mind, even more than usual. I picked up a vitellone "rib steak" from Prather Ranch Meat Co. on Sunday. As I have written about before, vitellone is yearling beef. PRMC's vitellone comes from Oregon and is raised on mother's milk and pasture. I grilled this chop very simply along with some onions and served it with a green salad. For a quick evening meal, especially when splitting a bone-in steak between two people, I like to carve the meat into managable slices and rearrange the meat back along the bone. It makes for a nice presentation usually, though I don't think I was trying too hard this time. The meat, of course, was terrific - mild and very tender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home