Sunday, August 20, 2006

An Introductory Tour

I had the good pleasure of orienting a friend of mine to the market this morning and introducing her to my many friends here. The Civic Center market is relatively large and bustling. To the first-timer, it is a little overwhelming. We started our tour with Doug and Scott at Prather Ranch Meat, as they had plenty of sausage today, we pressed on. Next we swung by RoliRoti to say good morning to Thomas and Luis Ricardo. We had a quick taste of pumpkin spice goat ice cream at LaLoo's, which was really nice. Then Carol got us set up with some OJ from Extremely Fresh Juice and I got a large guac to take home. Ute and Justin sold us some beautiful produce from Capay. My friend got the tomatoes, I got some squash. Then we went down the bread "aisle". Dion, of course, had his amazing Flour Chylde cakes to sample. As my friend and her husband had just moved up to Marin, I bought them a small box of chocolates from Guy and Gandolf's Fine Chocolates. We cruised by Mission Fish and headed down the middle row for some more veggies. In particular, I got some lovely yellow squash and cilantro. Paul (also of Extremely Fresh) sold me a small bottle of lime juice. From here, we headed back to Prather for buy some meat. We both bought some sausage. She got some flat iron. I got some bacon. On the way out, we got some ice cream from Three Twins. There Mint Confetti is outstanding. Our last stop was with Kathy of JulietMae. My friend liked her aromatic garam marsala, as I do, and also got some herbs de Provence. Of course, there were lots of sights and smells along the way.

I almost left out our visit to Satori Farms of Tamales. They have been selling absolutely wonderful strawberries for the past month or so. I have also had them at the Novato market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home