Monday, August 14, 2006

Value(s)

The subject of my last post got me thinking about the criticism I hear of the farmers' market too commonly. People say that it is too expensive. Rather than debate the topic, I thought I would tell you and show you what I brought home for my $120 this week.

All this with $3.55 left in change.













Capay heirloom tomatoes, 4.5 pounds
Gravensteins (from Paul of Nana Mae), 2 pounds
Assorted varieties of organic summer squash, 4 pounds
2 heads of broccoli and 1 head of cauliflower from Swanson's
3 large Huckleberry red potatoes (not in the photos)
Organic salad mix with archly (from County Line), 1.5 pounds
8 ears of corn
1 red onion
1 bunch of genevese and serrata basils
3 large organic sweet peppers (in red, orange, and yellow - nice!)
5 avocados
1 package of lamb sausage (from Prather Ranch Meat Co.)
1 organic RoliRoti chicken
1 sesame levain (from Mary at Brickmaiden)
2 medium portobellos
1 dozen eggs
2 pounds of Princess grapes
6 squash blossoms
2 pints of strawberries
1 large of bag of 'Berber' spice blend and 1 small bag of Cassia cinnamon
And for lunch, we had Thomas' RoliRoti chicken with some of my fresh squash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home